Ellie

Ellie

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

First Steps!

During physical therapy today, Ellie took TWO UNASSISTED steps! I couldn't believe it, even though I witnessed it with my own two eyes. I was nothing short of shocked. She had been practice walking by holding on to my hands, and we had been using two chairs as parallel bars for her to walk with support but to take unassisted steps?!?! SHOCKING! Of course, she was LIVID that I made her do it and for a solid hour (at least) following she wouldn't even stand but then she she stood up and pivoted from the couch to coffee table unassisted. So she's definitely learning and one day it's going to be over, I'm going to have a full-fledged walker. Her first birthday party is Saturday so it's really breaking my heart a bit. She's so grown up! :*(

1 comment:

  1. Awww, go Ellie! That's amazing that she did it before her first birthday! She's such a fighter. :)

    ReplyDelete