Ellie

Ellie

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bad News/Good news?

I took Ellie to the pediatrician on Friday. She has a cold, with some fluid in her right ear (presumably that's the one the tube fell out of). Not contagious, or so we were told, but her daddy and I both caught it. The worst, however, was the weight loss. 16 lbs 10 ozs. The pedi tried to tell me not to worry b/c its a net gain, and since she's been sick own. her appetite has likely been dbut honestly I wanted cry. Looks like we're not about to lose the GI. She weighed 17 lbs at her last appointment, and she should have gained since then. So crushing and heartbreaking.

Ellie surprised the dickens out of me. I sat her on her stool and said "Stand up and walk to mommy!" AND SHE DID! I couldn't believe it. We did it probably 100 times. I recorded it 2 or 3 times on 2 cameras. To top it off, I let her hold my scarf while she walked down the hall. She basically walked on her own for the most part, I barely held the scarf at all. I'm so proud of my big girl! Of course now I'm worried that she got my hopes up and will never do it again.

Looks like her 7th tooth finally came through, poor thing. It was really bothering her today, she didnt want to chew her food at all. No cookies or goldfish, or she'd eat them on 1 side of her mouth.

At least she's feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment