Ellie

Ellie

Friday, March 11, 2011

Weigh and pity party

Ellie weighed in at 11 lbs, 14 ozs this morning. At first blush it seemed like 10 ozs in two weeks. But then I started doing the math. According to Pat, our pediatrician's nurse, her last weigh in was February 21, weighing 11 lbs 4 ozs. One week later was Feb 28th. Two weeks later was March 7th. So this was almost 3 weeks later. At any rate, I was really hoping for 12 even, at least! Which leads into my pity party. After 6 months, according to my research, the weight gain is about 1 pound a month, potentially 1.25. So if it was not quite a pound and not quite a month, in theory, she's on track. I'm terrified she's going to end up with a ng, post surgery. Then I really will feel like a failure. Failure to thrive becomes failure to act as an appropriate parent. She is getting a nice Buddha belly though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment