Ellie

Ellie

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Recovery Day 11

Well, the last few nights Ellie has had major drainage when she wakes up in the morning. I can see it on her sheet in her bed and on some of the blankets. It is supposed to be a reason to contact the surgeon but since he saw her Thursday and gave her the all clear, I can't imagine something has gone horribly wrong within 24 (now 48) hours. Of course her mood swings have been pretty violent. We love when we see "happy baby" again, but more often its crying, inconsolable baby. Baby who was up between midnight and 2 a.m. last night. To be fair, her sleep/eat/medicine schedule was completely off yesterday. She woke up at 6 a.m. crying, so I gave her medicine and she went to sleep- no food. She woke up at 9 which meant I could feed her but she couldn't get medicine for another hour, and if I wanted to wait for it to kick in before feeding her that's another 30 minutes. That runs real close to her nap time. So all day it was a math game against the clock. Today seems to be a bit better. She enjoyed a short walk in her stroller, and we were able to properly match up food and medicine times. She took a very short nap though so she was a little cranky this afternoon but as I sit and type this she's in hour 2 of her afternoon nap. In any event, I'm still desperately looking forward to the day no medicine is needed, my happy baby girl is back to her old self. And because I'm going insane from the incessant crying at all hours, and being caged up in the house it had better be soon. Her pediatrician appnmnt is Monday. Hopefully we'll hear more good news then.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, hope she feels better and the two of you get some sleep

    ReplyDelete